Tuesday 10 July 2018

MY 2018 SUMMER LIP PICKS // Unofficial project pan


Hi, everyone! Today's post is on the lip products I'm going to be focusing on getting more use of this summer. I've been neglecting these lipsticks lately so this time of year is the perfect opportunity to bust them out and play with bolder lip colors.

I broke them down into the following categories:

Balmy lip colors



First off, the Nivea Fruity Shine Cherry lip balm is a very lightly pigmented product with some shimmer particles running through it. It gives a very natural and healthy look to the lips. It hasn't been used much so I'd like to get some use out of it.

Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick in Oh la lilac- these are sadly discontinued and I've had mine for a while so I need to use it up before it goes bad, which is the reason I put it in my Project Pan Roulette. It's a beautiful lilac shade and it has the same balmy smooth texture as the other products in this category. 

The Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain in Vivacious has been very neglected in my lipstick collection so I would like to use it more this summer. It's a beautiful juicy raspberry shade with a lot of shine. It has a minty scent that leaves your lips tingly and slightly plumped. 


Left to right: Nivea Fruity Shine Cherry, Maybelline Oh la lilac, Revlon Vivacious  
Lip liners 
Golden Rose 507, Impala 234
Golden Rose Dream lip liner in 507 is a very pretty bubble gum pink lip liner that goes very well with one of the glosses and a few of the other lipsticks I've chosen. 

Impala Waterproof lip liner in 234 is a universal neutral "my lips but better" shade that is perfect for Celestial (see below).


Lip glosses 



The Rimmel Apocalips lip laquer in Celestial (discontinued) is also a product that will be rolled into my Project Pan Roulette. It's a very pigmented high shine lip gloss that is very easy to wear on a daily basis because of its natural color. 

Essence XXXL longlasting lip gloss in Very Berry - a nice medium cool toned pink that has a very thick consistency which makes it last very well on the lips. It pairs really well with some other lip products in this post. 

Essence Very Berry, Rimmel Celestial


Lipsticks


There are a lot of Rimmel products in this category because I used to only buy lipsticks from that brand. 

First off, the Rimmel lipstick in Pink Blush, is a light bubble gum pink shade that I used to love back in the day. It's too light and too cool toned for my liking nowadays but I can make it work so I'm challenging myself to use it more this summer. 

Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 16 is a medium pinky coral shade that I absolutely love! I'm so excited to wear it and rock a coral lip. 

Next is Rimmel Moisture Renew in Oxford Street Fuchsia which is slightly darker and more opaque than Pink Blush. It's a creamy formula and so much easier to pull off. 

Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 06 is a bright watermelon/fuchsia shade which is amazing for summer. 

Golden Rose Liquid Matte lipstick in 04 is a gorgeous shade that I've only worn mixed with other shades but never on its own. 

Left to right: Rimmel Pink Blush, 16, Oxford street fuchsia, 06, Golden Rose 04

What are your summer lip picks? 

Please, share them down bellow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment