Tuesday 31 March 2015

Makeup Revolution I Heart Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette + SWATCHES





Hi, everyone! I just got my order from Makeup Revolution and I am so excited to share my review on the Chocolate palette with you. Let's get started!

1. Packaging
I mean ... I don't think I need to say anything about the packaging of this palette, it just speaks for itself. I liked that it is very sleek unlike the original Too Faced Chocolate bar. It holds fingerprints but that is okay with me. I want to buy their other 2 chocolate inspired palettes with the same packaging. One is white and the other one-darker chocolate.

2. Application
These shadows are super soft and buttery. I noticed pretty much no fall out with them and they stick to the skin very well even with no primer. They come with one of those sponge applicators which is useful for packing on colour but I just use my fingers for extra intensity. Nevertheless it is not completely unusable, so don't throw it away. 

3. Colour intensity
I have absolutely no complaints with the pigmentation of these shadows. I found them incredibly intense, they swatched beautifully with only one swipe and blended really well.

4. Staying power
As I said before, they have great staying power and don't just fall out. I didn't use a primer and by the end of the day they had faded a bit, but nothing that can't be fixed with a little primer. No creasing as well.

5. Pros & Cons

PROS: 
- Cute packaging
- Sleek thin packaging
- Good colour selection (light and dark, matte and shimmer)
- Long staying power
- Great pigmentation
- Easy to blend
- Affordable price 
- Smell of cocoa to the shadows
- Versatile shades
- Huge mirror
- Lots more eyeshadow palettes and shades from the brand to choose from 

CONS: 
- Contains Parabens

6. Price: 7,99 £
7. Rating: 9,5/10
Now it's SWATCH time! 

You need love, Piece me together,
Thank Friday, More!, Pleasure Girl,
Smooth criminal, Chocolate love, You need more

One more piece,Love torn, Stolen chocolate,
Meet chocolate,Unforgivable,Love divine,
What a way to go, Endorphins Ready!

You need love, Piece me together, One more piece, Love torn, Stolen chocolate, Thank Friday, More!, Pleasure Girl
You Need Love is a matte cream colour.
Piece Me Together is a dark khaki green with lots of gold sparkles.
One More Piece is a matte light cool toned brown.
Love Torn is a dark burgundy with warm undertones and gold shimmer.
Stolen Chocolate is a matte very dark cool toned brown.
Thank Friday is a matte light warm brown with peach undertones.
More! is your typical champagne shimmery shade.
Pleasure Girl is a matte mid-tone warm brown

Meet chocolate, Unforgivable, Love divine, Smooth criminal, Chocolate love, You need more, What a way to go, Endorphins Ready!

Meet Chocolate is a light matte pink.
Unforgivable is a medium purple with slight blue undertones and pink shimmer running through.
Love Divine is a warm pinky copper with shimmer.
Smooth Criminal is a shimmery bronze. 
Chocolate Love is a true gold shimmery shade.
You Need More is a shimmery medium brown.
What a Way to Go is a burgundy with tiny sparkles that don't show up much.
Endorphins Ready! is a shimmery white highlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment